Moving to Florida : Day 6 – New Places
In the last month, I’ve been to soooo many new places. Boston, Cape Cod, Chicago, a million places in the car between Memphis and Ft Lauderdale, and now – The Bahamas.
It’s been a whirlwind month, and I have noticed something cool. I’m mostly chill about it. I have a “show up and it will work out” attitude. I haven’t always had that. In the past, I’d want to know exactly what it would be like and all the “what ifs” before I would take action. I see now how much that limited me.
- Reunited with David in the Bahamas!! Yay!!!
- Had a super knowledgeable Lyft driver on the way to the airport who told me all about places I needed to experience in South Florida.
- Went on a tour of the island via jet ski.
- Had this overwhelming guilty feeling that I “shouldn’t” be spending the time and money to come on this trip. The mental chatter was loud and even came with physical feelings, but I told it to shhhhhhh and did what I wanted to do anyway.
- That first hug after weeks of being apart.
- Seeing the bright teal Caribbean water for the first time in nearly a year.
- Feeling fear or guilt is just part of being a human. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do something.
- Huge day of firsts! First time traveling internationally alone, first time riding in a car with the driver on the right, first time riding in a car with someone who obeyed zero traffic laws, first time sleeping on a boat. Feels good to be expanding my horizons.
When was the last time you went somewhere new? When is the next?
Read more Moving to Florida Entries here.